Why I Practice Reiki, And Maybe You Should Too

Health is much more than just physical fitness or active living...

It involves the mind just as much the body... and keeping both in prime condition is paramount to an enriching and fulfilling life.

I first learnt Reiki when I was just a teenager nearing the end of my adolescent life. At the time, I wasn’t all that bothered with my fitness, mental nor physical, much like the rest of my inner circle of friends. 

However, it was my nana, who I glimpsed practicing Reiki one fine afternoon - on our ritualistic annual visit to her cozy countryside residence – and as they say, rest is history.

She taught me Reiki as a means to self-fulfillment...

More than just the practice of healing the body. 

That summer visit remains etched in my memory as it transformed me into an adult, one who cared for his health above all else. 

I understood that health encompasses more than just the mind and body. Being physically fit obviously helps, but it's just as important to stay clear of detrimental habits like 
  • Smoking
  • Alcoholism
  • Overeating
Likewise, staying happy and clam is necessary for mental health as much as being generous, caring and forgiving.


Reiki is a practice of self-healing that prevents anyone from doing harm through it


In fact, when one starts learning the art, it is made clear that any intention of using Reiki for causing harm, either physical, emotional or mental will not have any results. 

In other words, whoever practices Reiki often tends to harbor only positivity towards one and all. 

When I started, I underwent a gradual transformation from a sensitive, often touchy adolescent to a more patient, thoughtful and caring adult. 

Something about...
  • Healing another human being...
  • Giving them energy so they may recover...
  • Helping them feel better...
Automatically triggers these developments in Reiki practitioners – experienced and new alike.


If you haven’t ever felt the healing power of Reiki or tried it yourself, give it a go – you really have nothing to lose.

In fact, you might be surprised by just how relaxing the learning process actually is. 

I've recently linked to some reviews for Reiki Infinite Healer that I recommend checking out if you want to learn.

By the time you become a master, you would have helped not just yourself but countless souls around you. 

I'll leave you with this...

The meaning of Reiki in Japanese is “Universal Life Force”.